1. “In that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness.
2. ” It shall be in that day,” says the LORD of hosts, “[that] I will cut off the names of the idols from the land, and they shall no longer be remembered. I will also cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to depart from the land.
3. “It shall come to pass [that] if anyone still prophesies, then his father and mother who begot him will say to him, ‘You shall not live, because you have spoken lies in the name of the LORD.’ And his father and mother who begot him shall thrust him through when he prophesies.
4. ” And it shall be in that day [that] every prophet will be ashamed of his vision when he prophesies; they will not wear a robe of coarse hair to deceive.
5. “But he will say, ‘I [am] no prophet, I [am] a farmer; for a man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.’
6. “And [one] will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘[Those] with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’
7. ” Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, Against the Man who is My Companion,” Says the LORD of hosts. “Strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered; Then I will turn My hand against the little ones.
8. And it shall come to pass in all the land,” Says the LORD, “[That] two-thirds in it shall be cut off [and] die, But [one-] third shall be left in it:
9. I will bring the [one-third] through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This [is] My people’; And each one will say, ‘The LORD [is] my God.’ “