1. Then I turned and raised my eyes, and saw there a flying scroll.
2. And he said to me, “What do you see?” So I answered, “I see a flying scroll. Its length [is] twenty cubits and its width ten cubits.”
3. Then he said to me, “This [is] the curse that goes out over the face of the whole earth: ‘Every thief shall be expelled,’ according [to] this side of [the scroll;] and, ‘Every perjurer shall be expelled,’ according [to] that side of it.”
4. “I will send out [the curse,”] says the LORD of hosts; “It shall enter the house of the thief And the house of the one who swears falsely by My name. It shall remain in the midst of his house And consume it, with its timber and stones.”
5. Then the angel who talked with me came out and said to me, “Lift your eyes now, and see what this [is] that goes forth.”
6. So I asked, “What [is] it?” And he said, “It [is] a basket that is going forth.” He also said, “This [is] their resemblance throughout the earth:
7. “Here [is] a lead disc lifted up, and this [is] a woman sitting inside the basket”;
8. then he said, “This [is] Wickedness!” And he thrust her down into the basket, and threw the lead cover over its mouth.
9. Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there [were] two women, coming with the wind in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.
10. So I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they carrying the basket?”
11. And he said to me, “To build a house for it in the land of Shinar; when it is ready, [the basket] will be set there on its base.”