1. Now the angel who talked with me came back and wakened me, as a man who is wakened out of his sleep.
2. And he said to me, “What do you see?” So I said, “I am looking, and there [is] a lampstand of solid gold with a bowl on top of it, and on the [stand] seven lamps with seven pipes to the seven lamps.
3. “Two olive trees [are] by it, one at the right of the bowl and the other at its left.”
4. So I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, “What [are] these, my lord?”
5. Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.”
6. So he answered and said to me: “This [is] the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the LORD of hosts.
7. ‘Who [are] you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel [you shall become] a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of “Grace, grace to it!” ‘ ”
8. Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
9. “The hands of Zerubbabel Have laid the foundation of this temple; His hands shall also finish [it.] Then you will know That the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you.
10. For who has despised the day of small things? For these seven rejoice to see The plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. They are the eyes of the LORD, Which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth.”
11. Then I answered and said to him, “What [are] these two olive trees — at the right of the lampstand and at its left?”
12. And I further answered and said to him, “What [are these] two olive branches that [drip] into the receptacles of the two gold pipes from which the golden [oil] drains?”
13. Then he answered me and said, “Do you not know what these [are?”] And I said, “No, my lord.”
14. So he said, “These [are] the two anointed ones, who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth.”