1. Thus says the LORD: “For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away its [punishment,] Because he burned the bones of the king of Edom to lime.
2. But I will send a fire upon Moab, And it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth; Moab shall die with tumult, With shouting [and] trumpet sound.
3. And I will cut off the judge from its midst, And slay all its princes with him,” Says the LORD.
4. Thus says the LORD: “For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away its [punishment,] Because they have despised the law of the LORD, And have not kept His commandments. Their lies lead them astray, [Lies] which their fathers followed.
5. But I will send a fire upon Judah, And it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.”
6. Thus says the LORD: “For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will not turn away its [punishment,] Because they sell the righteous for silver, And the poor for a pair of sandals.
7. They pant after the dust of the earth [which is] on the head of the poor, And pervert the way of the humble. A man and his father go in to the [same] girl, To defile My holy name.
8. They lie down by every altar on clothes taken in pledge, And drink the wine of the condemned [in] the house of their god.
9. ” Yet [it was] I [who] destroyed the Amorite before them, Whose height [was] like the height of the cedars, And he [was as] strong as the oaks; Yet I destroyed his fruit above And his roots beneath.
10. Also [it was] I [who] brought you up from the land of Egypt, And led you forty years through the wilderness, To possess the land of the Amorite.
11. I raised up some of your sons as prophets, And some of your young men as Nazirites. [Is it] not so, O you children of Israel?” Says the LORD.
12. “But you gave the Nazirites wine to drink, And commanded the prophets saying, ‘Do not prophesy!’
13. ” Behold, I am weighed down by you, As a cart full of sheaves is weighed down.
14. Therefore flight shall perish from the swift, The strong shall not strengthen his power, Nor shall the mighty deliver himself;
15. He shall not stand who handles the bow, The swift of foot shall not escape, Nor shall he who rides a horse deliver himself.
16. The most courageous men of might Shall flee naked in that day,” Says the LORD.