1. Come, and let us return to the LORD; For He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2. After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, That we may live in His sight.
3. Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter [and] former rain to the earth.
4. ” O Ephraim, what shall I do to you? O Judah, what shall I do to you? For your faithfulness is like a morning cloud, And like the early dew it goes away.
5. Therefore I have hewn [them] by the prophets, I have slain them by the words of My mouth; And your judgments [are like] light [that] goes forth.
6. For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
7. “But like men they transgressed the covenant; There they dealt treacherously with Me.
8. Gilead [is] a city of evildoers, [And] defiled with blood.
9. As bands of robbers lie in wait for a man, [So] the company of priests murder on the way to Shechem; Surely they commit lewdness.
10. I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel: There [is] the harlotry of Ephraim; Israel is defiled.
11. Also, O Judah, a harvest is appointed for you, When I return the captives of My people.