1. Then the LORD said to me, “Go again, love a woman [who is] loved by a lover and is committing adultery, just like the love of the LORD for the children of Israel, who look to other gods and love [the] raisin cakes [of the pagans.”]
2. So I bought her for myself for fifteen [shekels] of silver, and one and one-half homers of barley.
3. And I said to her, “You shall stay with me many days; you shall not play the harlot, nor shall you have a man — so, too, [will] I [be] toward you.”
4. For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim.
5. Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.