1. And I looked, and there in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubim, there appeared something like a sapphire stone, having the appearance of the likeness of a throne.
2. Then He spoke to the man clothed with linen, and said, “Go in among the wheels, under the cherub, fill your hands with coals of fire from among the cherubim, and scatter [them] over the city.” And he went in as I watched.
3. Now the cherubim were standing on the south side of the temple when the man went in, and the cloud filled the inner court.
4. Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, [and paused] over the threshold of the temple; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD’s glory.
5. And the sound of the wings of the cherubim was heard [even] in the outer court, like the voice of Almighty God when He speaks.
6. Then it happened, when He commanded the man clothed in linen, saying, “Take fire from among the wheels, from among the cherubim,” that he went in and stood beside the wheels.
7. And the cherub stretched out his hand from among the cherubim to the fire that [was] among the cherubim, and took [some of it] and put [it] into the hands of the [man] clothed with linen, who took [it] and went out.
8. The cherubim appeared to have the form of a man’s hand under their wings.
9. And when I looked, there were four wheels by the cherubim, one wheel by one cherub and another wheel by each other cherub; the wheels appeared [to have] the color of a beryl stone.
10. [As for] their appearance, all four looked alike — as it were, a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
11. When they went, they went toward [any of] their four directions; they did not turn aside when they went, but followed in the direction the head was facing. They did not turn aside when they went.
12. And their whole body, with their back, their hands, their wings, and the wheels that the four had, [were] full of eyes all around.
13. As for the wheels, they were called in my hearing, “Wheel.”
14. Each one had four faces: the first face [was] the face of a cherub, the second face the face of a man, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
15. And the cherubim were lifted up. This [was] the living creature I saw by the River Chebar.
16. When the cherubim went, the wheels went beside them; and when the cherubim lifted their wings to mount up from the earth, the same wheels also did not turn from beside them.
17. When [the cherubim] stood still, [the wheels] stood still, and when [one] was lifted up, [the other] lifted itself up, for the spirit of the living creature [was] in them.
18. Then the glory of the LORD departed from the threshold of the temple and stood over the cherubim.
19. And the cherubim lifted their wings and mounted up from the earth in my sight. When they went out, the wheels [were] beside them; and they stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD’s house, and the glory of the God of Israel [was] above them.
20. This [is] the living creature I saw under the God of Israel by the River Chebar, and I knew they [were] cherubim.
21. Each one had four faces and each one four wings, and the likeness of the hands of a man [was] under their wings.
22. And the likeness of their faces [was] the same [as] the faces which I had seen by the River Chebar, their appearance and their persons. They each went straight forward.