1. And He said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you.”
2. Then the Spirit entered me when He spoke to me, and set me on my feet; and I heard Him who spoke to me.
3. And He said to me: “Son of man, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day.
4. “For [they are] impudent and stubborn children. I am sending you to them, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD.’
5. “As for them, whether they hear or whether they refuse — for they [are] a rebellious house — yet they will know that a prophet has been among them.
6. ” And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns [are] with you and you dwell among scorpions; do not be afraid of their words or dismayed by their looks, though they [are] a rebellious house.
7. “You shall speak My words to them, whether they hear or whether they refuse, for they [are] rebellious.
8. “But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.”
9. Now when I looked, there was a hand stretched out to me; and behold, a scroll of a book [was] in it.
10. Then He spread it before me; and [there was] writing on the inside and on the outside, and written on it [were] lamentations and mourning and woe.